Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Cross country 2013

On Thursday 22nd August Pt England School were doing cross country. We all had to line up on the hard courts in our age group lines. Lots of people were wearing their house colours. I am in Te Arawa and had a red tee shirt on. The 9 year old girls and boys had to run 1.5 km around the field and the reserve . It took a long time to get to my race. I was so hot waiting for my turn that I started feeling tired and I hadn’t even had my race yet. Suddenly Mrs Jarman was telling us to stand up, we were finally going to the start line. Mr Burt was waiting for us. He told us where our race was going to be. We were nervous and had butterflies in our stomachs, there was a buzz of excitement as we waited for Mr Burt to start the race. Mr Burt then said to us “Take your marks, Set,” then he pushed the button on his loudspeaker making the siren go and we were OFF!!! We ran through the squelchy bog and around the reserve. The mud oozed between my toes as I was running. We were gasping for air and jogging slowly. Lucky there were cones and teachers around the field to show us where to go. When I got closer to the end I felt relieved that the race was almost over. Finally i reached the finish line and went to the drink station to get a drink. When my race finished I was really tired and couldn’t wait to sit down. Miss Lavakula was waiting for us on the courts. She wanted to watch her son Darius start his race before we went back to class. Once his race started and he was out on the reserve we came back to class to change into our school uniform and get ready to go home. I was glad Cross Country was over.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat piece of writing Josh! You've used some interesting word groups in your writing. Try to show paragraphs in your writing too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.